I’ve been working really hard the past few months on strengthening my “SEO Game” and I’d like to share a few of the things I’ve learned:
1) Create links that contain the keyword you’re trying to rank for: Here’s a great example: Tailor Made Health. Notice how the link contains the keyword both in the actual text AND the URL. This way Google (or any other search engine) gets an idea of what it’s going to find when it follows that link.
2) Write keyword rich content. Here’s a sentence from a friend’s website: If you’re looking to buy a home or condo in Orange County, you’ll find the best deals from KEYWORD LINK HERE. See how the keyword they’re trying to rank for is located within the sentence?
3) Use meta tags: title, keywords, description.
4) Use H1, H2, and H3 tags within the content, along with relevant images (with alt tags).
5) Write articles that actually make sense. Don’t just write fake content just to throw your keywords in. You AND Google knows what you’re doing. I don’t recommend it.
6) Get backlinks from high page ranked sites.
These are just a few great and easy-to-do examples I’ve found across the way. Hope this helps!