On the HostGator home page, click “Web Hosting” and then select the appropriate hosting plan. I recommend the “Baby Plan.” With this plan, you’ll be able to add an unlimited amount of domains at no extra cost.
TIP: During checkout, use coupon code MIKEJOHNSON for 25% off!
2) After ordering your hosting,send me an email with your new plan details (which will confirm your new hosting account) and I will install WordPress for you. I’ll also include 7 excellent (and free) plugins at no extra charge.
This is a pretty sweet deal
You get a reliable hosting plan. You save 25%. You get free plugins. I set everything up.
3) Once the installation is complete, I will send you an email with easy steps on changing your password, keeping your website secure, and how to change the site’s design.
You can have your new blog up and running in less than 90 minutes!
As a full-time web developer, one of the biggest questions I get asked is, “how do I set up WordPress?” Since technology is advancing, it may seem difficult for the average user to “connect via FTP, upload the WordPress Framework files, activate plugins, and log into their WordPress Administration dashboard.”
If you aren’t familiar with anything I just said, then you’re going to love my free WordPress Installation service.
When your order this free service, I won’t just install WordPress; I’ll make sure your site is equipped with 7 of the best (free) plugins too!
1) Google Sitemap Helps your blog posts and pages to get quickly indexed in Google.
2) W3 Total Cache Helps your website load really, really fast.
3) WP Statistics A great way to see who is coming to your website (visitors and traffic).
4) All In One SEO The best way to add SEO to your website.
5) Akismet Akismet will block spam, really well.
6) SEO Friendly Images A much-needed tool for including specific image tags to further improve your site’s SEO.
7) Jetpack Jetpack comes with a ton of plugins within itself, including some really cool/fun ones.
What’s The Catch?
No catch. This service is completely sponsored by HostGator. I host all of my websites and blogs using their hosting service. They are paying me to do this for free. Asking someone else to do this would cost you at least $50.
Worried about security?
I will also include easy, step-by-step instructions on changing your login passwords. I won’t keep any of your HostGator information and once I’m done, I will completely destroy all log in information.
Even more extras!
You will not only get your website hosting at an amazingly low discount, but every HostGator plan includes $100 worth of Google Adwords credit, which you can use to promote your new blog.
The bottom line
If you’re ready to start a blog but aren’t sure how to begin, I highly recommend using my free service.